NICA - NAtional Interscholastic Cycling Association
Founded in 2009, the National Interscholastic Cycling Association (NICA) develops high school mountain biking programs for student-athletes across the United States. NICA provides leadership, services and governance for local leagues to produce quality mountain bike events, and supports every student-athlete in the development of strong body, strong mind and strong character through their efforts on the bike.
Colorado High School Cycling League
The Colorado High School Cycling League works to establish and maintain safe, quality high school mountain bike programs. The League is responsible for establishing a climate that will:
- Promote the sport of mountain biking and the benefits of mountain biking as a healthy, low impact, outdoor recreational lifestyle;
- Promote athlete skills development, excellence, teamwork, professionalism and respect for the community and the environment;
- Create an environment in which they may discover new friendships and find role models;
- Develop an awareness of what it is to be an amateur athlete that is both gracious and respectful to their community;
- Guide students towards learning new skills and disciplines, and spread the foundations of mountain bike racing across the U.S.;
- Foster a responsible attitude toward the use of trails and wilderness;
- Advocate for the environmental conservation of natural areas and parklands, mountain bike trail access, and the development of sustainable trail systems.
- Promote the value of cycling to our community as a mode of transportation and as a life-long sport.